This is one of those go to recipes I have when I need something quick for dinner. It’s so versatile and quick.
- Elbow noodles (I’m horrible at measuring noodles, so I will just say enough for your family)
- 1/2 LB bacon
- 2 TSP butter
- 2 TSP all purpose flour
- 1 1/4th C. milk
- 2 1/2 C. grated cheese
- 1/2 brick of cream cheese
- 1/2 C. bread crumbs
- salt & pepper to taste.
- 1 C. frozen veggies (Peas work great in this recipe. However this ingredient is optional)
How To Make It:
- Pre-heat your over to 350 degrees F.
- Cook noodles in pot of boiling salted water. Drain and set aside in large oven safe dish.
- In a frying pan on medium heat, cook bacon until a little bit crispy.
- Remove from pan, crumble into small pieces, and set aside.
- Add in butter and heat until melted
- Whisk in flour until it makes a paste.
- Slowly add in milk, whisking continually. Mixture shouldn’t have any lumps.
- Reduce heat to low. Whisk occasionally.
- When mixture starts to thicken, add cream cheese and 2 C. shredded cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add bacon back in.
- Poor cheese mixture over cooked noodles.
- Add in frozen veggies if using.
- Stir well.
- Sprinkle bead crumbs and remaining cheese on top.
- Bake until cheese is melted and veggies are heated threw (about 15-20 minutes)
*Note: if you are in a hurry, you can cook the frozen veggies with the noodles and not use bread crumbs. This will allow you to skip the oven cooking time altogether.*
There you have it! My Easy Homemade Cheesy Bacon Mac&Cheese recipe.
Does your family have any super quick recipes you turn to on those busy nights?