This past summer our days were relaxed and pretty much unplanned. We just kind of just went with the flow each day. But summer is officially over, and our schedule is filling up fast. We have back to school with is packed with appointments and after-school commitments. Thanksgiving here in Canada is just around the corner, and then the craziness of the Christmas season is set to begin just after that. We barely have enough time to spend time together as a family, never mind planning and shopping for healthy meals. That’s where HelloFresh has been amazing!
HelloFresh is the the leading recipe kit delivery service in Canada They deliver to Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, Newfoundland, and the Maritimes, but are expanding rapidly. They have 3 different plans to choose from: a family plan (that’s what we got), a pronto plan, and a veggie plan. Everything required for weeknight meals is carefully planned, locally sourced, and delivered to your door. The subscription is flexible to meet your needs. Which means if you wish to skip a week of your subscription, you can. (terms and conditions) They will work with you if you have a special delivery situation too, just let them know. Their mission is to change the way people eat.
Hello Fresh Review:
How It Works:
All you have to do is log onto their site and customize your weekly menu. Their chef-curated recipes are based on seasonal farm fresh ingredients, so there’s always something new and delicious. After you choose your meals, you simply just wait for the box to arrive. They source the ingredients. They do the shopping. Then they ship it right to your door.
What’s Inside The Box:
- Easy-to-follow recipes with clear nutritional information
- High-quality ingredients sourced straight from the farm
- Convenient meal kits that fit perfectly into your fridge
- Delicious meals to add zest back to your dinner time
Meals I Got:
Teriyaki Beef, Pesto Chicken, Pork Schnitzel Fingers, Pan-Seared Pork Chops, Smoky Beef Chili, Chicken Yakitori, Teriyaki Beef
When I first opened my box, I was very impressed with the care taken in packing. Everything was secure. In the smaller boxes was the fresh produce and sauces. In the bottom was the meat and items that needed to be kept separate and closer to the ice packs.
I really liked how the boxes could fit into my fridge without my having to unpack them. This really helps me keep things organized.
I was also impressed with the amount of detail the instructions provided. I’m no chef (and I don’t pretend to be). I was a little intimidated by the new recipes, but after looking at the step by step instructions I really felt like I could prepare them with no issues.
Thoughts After Trying It For 2 Weeks:
When I unpacked the first meal, I was concerned about the actual amount of food. We got the family box, but we are bigger than your average family. There are 6 of us. But each of the 6 meals fed all of us with no problem.
I had my hubby take pictures for a couple of the boxes because I really wanted to test the time it took to prepare a meal on a busy night. The time their book said it would take to make the meal was really close to the time it actually took me. Plus or minus 5 minutes.
Overall HelloFresh is a great way for busy families like us to still eat healthily!
- I’m impressed with the care this company takes to create meals and source ingredients.
- I loved how I learned different flavour profiles, and even how to prepare meals we already were familiar with in a different way.
- The family box was a great size for us – a family of 6.
- Everything was included in the box – from the big protein to the couple tablespoons of soya sauce needed.
- The detailed preparation instructions were a big plus for me.
- The meals were not only healthy but quick. This was a huge positive for us. We are a busy family, but with HelloFresh we were able to still maintain our healthy diet.