Tomato soup is one of those classics that will be around forever. It’s the perfect pair to sandwiches or salads for a quick lunch or dinner. Sip it on those cold winter days to warm up. It’s a staple in family homes across the country. The only way to make this classic better is to make it from scratch yourself. Today, I’m sharing how you can make homemade tomato soup from scratch in just 20 minutes.
Yep. You read that right. Just 20 minute is all it takes to make a full of flavour homemade tomato soup. This easy homemade tomato soup recipe is creamy and packed with tomato-y goodness. It has a soft and velvety texture that gives you a warm hug on those chilly fall days. You’ll never go back to the canned version again.
I’ve included a couple tips on how to make this homemade tomato soup recipe the best it can be. Also, how to freeze this soup for up to 6 months. Be sure to scroll down and check out this tips. Let me know if you will be trying out this recipe, or what you think of it if you do! If you have any questions, post them in the comments, and I will reply within a day.
For This Homemade Tomato Soup Recipe, You Might Need:
20 Minute Homemade Tomato Soup Recipe
- 2 TBS of cooking oil
- a medium sweet onion finely chopped
- 1 large can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- 4 cups of chicken stock
- 1 cup of heavy cream
Make Homemade Tomato Soup:
Tips To Make The Perfect Homemade Tomato Soup:
- If you prefer a less creamy tomato soup, switch the cream for an extra cup of chicken broth.
- Use canned tomatoes with green peppers and onion for added flavour.
- Do not allow the onion to brown. Browned onions do not blend smooth very well.
- To freeze this soup for up to 6 months; pour into Ziploc bags and freeze laying flat.
More Easy Dinner Ideas: