Lemon meringue pie is one of my all-time favourite pies. It’s sweet, lemony, and creamy. Personally, the sweet meringue is my favourite part of the pie.
These crustless lemon meringue pie bites perfectly combine the two best elements of a lemon meringue pie: the meringue and the lemon filling. All in one delicious bite.
The only issue is trying to eat just one.
I may have eaten a lot of these, actually. Maybe too many … If there is such a thing. Good thing this recipe makes so many of these sweet lemon meringue treats!
For this lemon meringue recipe, I just use the simple box lemon pie filling and a quick meringue. I add cream of tartar to help stabilize the meringue to make the shells.
Making the perfect meringue can be tricky. But I’ve learned some tips over the years.
Tips To Make The Perfect Meringue:
- Make sure you are using pure egg whites. Any yoke will cause your meringue not to puff up.
- Use room temperature egg whites. They will whip up faster.
- Use the highest speed on your mixer. You will be able to incorporate more air into your meringue, making it fluffier.
- If your meringue is too runny; whip up more egg whites in another bowl and add it to your runny meringue.
For This Recipe You Might Need:
Crustless Lemon Meringue Pie Bite Recipe:
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1/4 tsp of cream of tartar sauce
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- Lemon zest for decorating (optional)
- Box of lemon meringue pie filling
How To Make Lemon Meringue Pie Bites:
If you like this recipe, check out these ones too:
Scroll below for the free printable recipe, or pin this to try later: